We sincerely hope that you, your friends and family are healthy during these potentially stressful times. In light of recent developments in regards to COVID-19, I wanted to share with you the plan for our office moving forward. At Dr. Thomas Pitts office, we take the safety of our community, our patients, and our team very seriously. As of March 23rd, we will only be seeing patients who have urgent or emergency dental needs. We will keep this plan in place for at least two weeks. We are keeping our regular schedule in April, however, due to the dynamic nature of the situation this may change. We will call patients if we decide appointments should be canceled.
As your dentist, I have been following closely the developments of COVID-19, as well as the guidelines and recommendations from the government health agencies and professional organizations. I have decided to implement the following actions which are in accordance with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), our state dental association, and the American Dental Association (ADA), and the South Carolina State Board of Dentistry guidelines:
- We are limiting our hours to Monday through Wednesday from 9:00am – 1:00pm.
- We will ask staff members while in the office to comply with social distance requests from our Governor.
- During office hours we will answer the phone and email messages. Only patients with urgent or emergency dental needs will be scheduled during this period of reduced hours. All non-urgent procedures, including cleanings, will be postponed until we can resume a regular schedule.
- Teledentistry can be used over the next two weeks to give you a consultation from your home: if you have a broken tooth or a spot in your mouth, send me a picture from your phone along with a description of your concern.
We will be using the CDC COVID-19 screening questions before scheduling any urgent appointments.
- Have you or someone close to you had any contact with individuals that may have shown symptoms of respiratory illness, which includes but is not limited to sore throat, sneezing, coughing or fever?
- Have you traveled internationally in the last 14 days?
- Have you visited or occupied any area that the government has determined is high-risk?
Please look for updates on our website http://www.drthomaspitts.com/ or our facebook page. Please call 803-750-5494 or email – firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions. For urgent after hours concerns, please call my cell 803-920-5814. We greatly appreciate your understanding during this time, and we will get through this together. Do your best to stay healthy!
Keeping your Smile in Mint Condition,